Administrative Assistant (80% - 100%) (m/w/d)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Lonza Pharma Biotech & Nutritions (LPBN) Admin Team is looking for an additional team member to support the Executive Leadership Team and other senior managers in their day to day activities. The successful candidate will provide general administrative assistance to the assigned team members and the whole department as needed. The role requires flexibility, attention to detail as well as a good sense of discretion and confidentiality and candidates applying for the position ideally already have a general understanding of the Lonza business environment.
- Administer a broad range of clerical and office activities
- Flawlessly manage the diary of the assigned senior managers and help them stay on top of their Admin tasks (this can include travel management, expense processing, purchase orders etc.)
- Prepare detailed information and materials for conference calls and meetings
- Arrange and coordinate meeting logistics, including scheduling meeting times, and ensuring all meeting amenities are available including catering if needed
- Answer and screen calls; maintain files, records, calendars and diaries; arrange business travel including visa and track expenses
- Organize guest visits and welcome visitors to the department
- Be part of internal project groups for events, onboarding or office moves
- Onboarding of new employees
- Build relationships with internal and external contacts as well as within the LPBN Admin community
- Plan, schedule and organize own work load so activities are completed on time and according to the needs of the manager and/ or team
- Be an important part of the LPBN Admin Team and support other Admin colleagues as needed during absences
- Business Administration Diploma or equivalent knowledge through experience
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position (PA or team assistant in an international environment for senior level managers)
- Languages: English excellent knowledge, German mother tongue
- MS Office Suite including Skype / Microsoft Teams
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of humor
- Strong experience in dealing with stakeholders at senior management level; ability to independently set priorities; and good time management skills; a good team player
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.