Software Developer III
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking for a Software Developer to create software for Cocoon® product family. The role involves a fair share of hands-on programming, creation of design documentation, and various R&D.
- Design and implement software components based on user requirements and software product architecture, and contribute to system integration activities.
- Participate in hands-on programming activities including coding and unit testing.
- Actively pursue and resolve software issues.
- Identify, document and analyze software component risks, propose and implement risk mitigations.
- Produce software component design documentation in accordance with SDLC process requirements.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineering, Biology, Service and other teams working on product design and improvement.
- Deep understanding of software component design principles and best practices.
- Proven experience designing for testability.
- Advanced skills creating design specifications.
- Design documentation skills; being comfortable producing documentation as required by the SDLC process.
- Familiarity with the V design model.
- Familiarity with IEC 62304 or similar industry standards.
- Familiarity with risk identification, analysis and mitigation.
- Experience working in the Medical Device Software industry or in a similar highly regulated industry such as avionics, banking, gambling is a strong asset.
- College Diploma or Bachelor degree. Preferred area of study: Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Significant experience years with overall Software Development;
- Significant experience designing and implementing software components.
- Possession of a relevant Microsoft Certification is a strong asset.
- Advanced .NET coding skills, including WPF, ASP .NET, EF, asynchronous operations and multithreading, secure communications, authentication and authorization.
- Advanced software component implementation skills including: test driven coding, dependency injection, unit testing.
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server database design including T-SQL programming, index and query optimization. Familiarity with non-relational databases is an advantage.
- Experience working with DevOps environments, preferably with MS Azure Server / Services.
- Experience communicating with hardware via COM and USB ports, industrial networks (i.e. CANbus) is a strong advantage.
- Experience working with cloud frameworks (Azure, AWS) is an advantage.
- Experience developing .NET cross-platform applications is an advantage.
- Motivated, organized, good analytical skills. Good communicator, capable of working in a team. Great learner looking to expend his/her skillset.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.