Software Tester III
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking for a Software Tester to create software for Cocoon® product family. The role involves a fair share of hands-on testing, software test cases design, verification and validation (V&V) documentation, and various R&D / Innovation activities.
- Design Test Cases, Test Plans, Protocols and Reports for software components and products V&V in accordance with SDLC process requirements.
- Perform hands-on testing of software components and products.
- Identify and document software issues.
- Provide realistic effort and time estimates for assigned tasks, report progress.
- Proactively collaborate with fellow Team members coordinating software V&V activities.
- Collaborate with fellow Engineering, Biology, Service and other teams working on product design and improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of software V&V principles and best practices.
- Proven experience creating V&V documentation.
- Advanced skills analyzing software requirements and design specifications.
- Familiarity with the V design model.
- Familiarity with IEC 62304 or similar industry standards.
- Familiarity with risk identification, analysis and mitigation.
- Experience working in the Medical Device Software industry or in a similar highly regulated industry such as avionics, banking, gambling is a strong asset
- Key College Diploma or Bachelor degree
- Preferred area of study: Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- Significant experience with overall Software Testing;
- Significant experience designing Test Cases, Test Plans, Protocols and Reports.
- Extensive hands-on experience testing software products and components.
- Familiarity with MS SQL Server database testing.
- Experience working with issue and requirements management tools, preferably with MS Azure Server / Services.
- Experience testing products that require software communication with hardware via COM and USB ports, industrial networks (i.e. CANbus) is a strong advantage.
- Motivated, organized, good analytical skills. Good communicator, capable of working in a team. Great learner looking to expend his/her skillset.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.