Technician 2 - Cell Culture (FTC)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an exciting opportunity within Cell Culture Development (Research & Development) as a Technician 2 based in Slough, UK. Cell Culture Development is responsible for the production of a wide range of proteins to support Lonza’s customer projects in the early development pipeline for manufacturing of therapeutic products.
The role of the technician is to support in the laboratory with practical routine tasks to a high standard and good attention to detail using basic analytical or scientific methods. Work is performed according to protocol in compliance with rules and procedures. The individual maintains their training and skills to effectively carry out their duties and has a track-record of learning additional skills.
**This role is offered on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract**
· Adherence to good laboratory practice including cGMP where applicable
· Co-ordinate servicing of equipment and other external services
· Basic training of others
· Equipment preparation, monitoring, calibration and safety
· Laboratory Readiness (cleaning, tidying, safety tasks, deliveries, completion of log books)
· Preparation of media, feeds, buffers, reagents
· Maintaining stock levels of consumables
· Completion and peer review of laboratory documentation
· Relevant GCSEs / A levels / NVQs - Science, Maths & English
· Experience of Laboratory or other teambased work environment
· Business fluent level of English language – Spoken and written
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference