QC Biochemistry Supervisor - Nights
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Supervisor will act as a lead team member of the Quality Control department to support testing and release of stability, in-process, and final product drug lots for customers. Organizes and plans QC testing for ongoing operational needs. Provides on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands. The QC Supervisor is responsible for ensuring and providing a safe work environment to the staff in the execution of their work duties. Works on assignments that are non-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Works on problems of advanced technical scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
*The schedule for this position is overnights, Monday-Friday 9PM- 5:30AM*
While working this shift, the employee will receive a 20% shift differential
- Scheduling, planning and assurance of on-time delivery of routine testing in compliance with all cGMP and regulatory requirements. Ensures a safe work environment for employees to perform their duties.
- Creating, reviewing and approving QC documentation. Implementation of robust laboratory management systems, continuous improvement and enhancement of existing systems in a coordinated effort to reduce deviations
- Schedules and attends department and site related meetings to assure delivery, adherence to quality systems, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Drives all projects to on-time completion be ensuring task completion and communicating potential issues to stakeholders. Troubleshooting and resolving these issues through team efforts
- Resolving personnel issues and workplace conflicts. Establishing a cohesive team environment that focuses on achieving corporate goals and right first time initiatives
- Changes work within their group quickly in unexpected situations
- Leading OE initiatives, continuous improvements, implementation of new processes and procedures to support site and corporate growth, hiring and mentoring of staff, supports regulatory and customer audits, creates and executes CAPA plans.
- The main tests for this lab include: UV-Vis, pH, conductivity, and HPLC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry or other relevant science related field
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Use of GMP Quality Systems such as: TrackWise, LIMS, DMS, Electronic note book
- Makes quality decisions independently
- Excellent ability to prioritize work load for group and problem solve
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and verbal format. Is able to clearly communicate via email or memo as required. Demonstrated ability to present ideas publicly
- Proactively shares knowledge with others and encourages analyst development
- Troubleshoot assay and instrumentation issues involving data mining, trending and analysis to identify problems
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.