Program Manager 2, Program Management
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Did you know that we are the 1st biologics contract manufacturer in Singapore? We offer you exposure to upcoming biotech and established pharmaceutical companies and to the manufacturing technology needed to produce mammalian treatments and cell therapies of tomorrow. Our global manufacturing network is recognized for its reliable, high-quality services, regulatory track record, global footprint, innovative technology platforms and extensive experience – we, in Singapore are proud to be part of this global network.
As our business grows, we are looking to further strengthen our Program Management team by hiring a Program Manager (PM) to lead internal project teams. You will be responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams. In this role, the Program Manager is the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer. Program Manager is responsible to manage multiple projects, either within one technology, or within multiple technologies and oversees the complete life-cycle of all the projects.
Based on experience, programs under PM’s responsibility range from small or mid-sized to large and complex portfolios, based on the seniority. During execution, key focus is on the customer centricity and internally on quality, cost, profitability, timelines and risk management.
- Lead project execution after deal closure. Direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program. Shared customer relationship management with Account Managers.
- Coach, mentor and, via frequent discussions with line managers, continuously develop project team members.
- Program Manager utilize in-depth understanding of multiple functions and strong relationships with these functions during the execution.
- Act as single point of contact for customer with regards to operational questions and ensure each project milestone is delivered in line with the agreed objectives. Act as the customer advocate and champion in the Lonza’s Singapore Project Management organization.
- Manage project scope, timelines and budget and program profitability together with core project team. Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate them to a customer in close collaboration with Account Manager. In collaboration with Account Management / Commercial Development, create mid-long term program strategies.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all customer communication (using an open communication model), agreeing milestones and conducting “lessons learned” with the customer, as well as executing decommissioning at the end of contractual activities.
- Program Manager ensures the right and effective internal and external governance are in place and are effective. Also ensures very clear alignment of internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the local Sales & Operations meeting, by best in class forecasting and demand planning for the given programs.
- Degree in Life Sciences related discipline with commercial acumen or experience in project planning; PMP Certification highly desired.
- Experience working in FDA regulated biotech/pharma industry with proven experience in a project management capacity.
- Relevant business and customer interaction experience in a CDMO highly preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge base of clinical research strongly preferred, with experience of moving pharmaceutical products from clinical into commercial manufacturing environments an advantage.
- Statistical techniques and failure analysis, validation concepts.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to be applied at high level.
- Excellent soft skills to build solid relationship within the global network, e.g. with customers, key accounts, and program management.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.