Quality Control Analyst, Cell Therapy
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Performs Quality Control assays for product release of cell therapy products and Stability Studies. Maintain data and follow cGMP regulations including writing deviations and other Quality documentation. Skill set includes (but is not limited to) working knowledge of Immunofluoresence, Sample Handling and Flow Cytometry.
- Performs Quality Control (QC) biological/cell based testing of Cell Therapy release and stability samples. Typical test methods performed include flow cytometry based assays, but analyst may also perform proliferation, ELISA, cell counts (manual and automated), and immunoflourescence microscopy/spectroscopy assays.
- Actively participates in support of Cell Therapy technology transfer activities and validation of analytical methods including training on new methodology, setup of new equipment, generation of method standard operating procedures (SOPs), and execution of validation protocols.
- Performs general lab and equipment maintenance duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Sciences required
- Demonstrated knowledge in biological, cell based assays including flow cytometry.
- Should possess knowledge of how to execute methods/procedures and operate equipment.
- Should perform tasks with strict adherence to cGMP and cGDP principles.
- Attains a solid understanding of cGMP principles.
- Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation.
- Understanding of basic laboratory equipment and aseptic technique a plus.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Problem solves by selecting appropriate alternative from defined options.
- Work is prioritized by supervisor.
- Timelines for completion of assigned tasks are determined by supervisor.
- Writing is typically free of punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors
- Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records.
- Dependable and able to work well within a team.
- Interested in learning new things. Open to change.
- Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.