Scientist, Protein Purification
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining the Purification Process Characterization team within Development Services in Lonza Singapore. The Development Services group are responsible for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The purpose of this role is successfully deliver projects to meet the business goals. This role is also expected to provide technical expertise for the downstream process development activities and to support troubleshooting activities at both laboratory and manufacturing scale.
Based primarily in a new site in Singapore Science Park, the Process Characterization team works closely with our Customers, and with different functions including MSAT, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Proposal/Program Management, Process Development, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and external testing facilities.
- Adherence to EHS rules and regulations is required at all times.
- With support from Supervisor/Study Lead perform the following activities with high levels of right first time: routine downstream process development (material supply/process evaluation and characterization)
- Plans and prioritizes lab work with input from supervisor
- Document results in accordance with Lonza policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) – as appropriate
- General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, etc.
- Troubleshooting equipment and scientific issues
- Actively contributes to operational efficiency initiatives
- Participates in internal and customer project teams
- Communicates directly with customers
- Drafts reports/protocols for review
- Degree in Biological Science/Engineering as appropriate for area of expertise
- Entry level with up to 2 years prior working experience in a lab either in industry or academia, or via an industry work training programme.
- Understanding of theory and application of mammalian cell culture for production of biological therapeutics
- Understanding of cGMP regulations
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good teamworking skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.