Lead Core Technician- Upstream/ Downstream Processing
Lead Core Technician - Upstream/ Downstream Processing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Core Lead responsible for leading and directing daily work activities in the batch viral suites in supervisor absence to ensure schedule attainment is met. The individual will ensure all activities are performed according to safety practices and approved procedures with adherence to cGMPs. The Core Lead is a highly skill individual who performs/trains the most complex operations and acts as the go to person in the clean room especially during supervisor absence.
- Execution of USP/DSP activities in the clean room.
- Ensure critical supplies are in stock and available for production.
- Completes and reviews batch records and production documents.
- Trainer of the vast majority of the task and provides coaching and mentoring to the rest of Core levels in the technical aspects.
- Responsible of the adherence to safety and cGMP regulations of the team.
- Planning of daily activities in the clean room and provide first line of problem solving in case of any event.
- Escalation to supervisor/management and interaction with other stakeholders in case of any event (Deviation Investigation Team, QA, MSAT, FE, etc.)
- Contributor on MFG and OE projects to optimize and streamline processes.
- In conjunction with the supervisor, responsible to interact with customer while performing operations in the clean room.
- Writes and revises SOPs as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Life Science/ Technology disciple preferred.
- Significant production experience in a cGMP regulated aseptic/ sterile environment.
- Both upstream and downstream experience preferred.
- Experience as a Lead preferred.
- Skilled at developing and motivating a team.
- Experience using ERP systems.
- Able to work weekend and nights if needed.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Skilled with MSOffice applications
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.