Scientist, Analytical Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Analytical Scientist at our Bend, OR location. As an Analytical Scientist, you will be responsible for method development, and validation to support process development, tech transfer, release testing and stability activities for pharmaceutical drug product programs. You’ll apply your knowledge of analytical chemistry fundamentals in an experimental setting to guide the development of pharmaceutical products. Lead research and development activities in collaboration with project teams and interface with internal teams and external clients.
- Document all experiments and results thoroughly with detailed observations
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals
- Critically assess experimental data and provide interpretation of results
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and protocols
- Prepare detailed scientific presentations for clients, colleagues and management
- Participate in data reviews and internal discussions
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise in one or more technical areas
- B.S./M.S. with experience relating to pharmaceutical formulation development and analytical chemistry
- Familiarity with analyzing, and interpreting common analytical data used for amorphous pharmaceutical applications, primarily HPLC
- Familiarity in GMP method development, qualification and validation around common pharmaceutical analytical techniques
- CMC and regulatory experience with advancing drug product formulations through later stage clinical trials encouraged
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, customer focused environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research and manufacturing environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.