Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a BioProcess Engineer to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
The BioProcess Engineer role supports ongoing operations at the Lonza Slough, UK site through technical guidance as it relates to manufacturing and process systems. The focus of the role is on ensuring manufacturing equipment and facilities are designed, installed, qualified and operating as intended to meet the requirements for biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
Responsibilities of this role are focused on the strategic implementation of engineering and technical improvement projects to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Performs all work safely and meets the requisite training requirements
- Develop technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and processes
- Provide SME support to Manufacturing and other departments for the design and operation of process equipment
- Planning and execution of plant projects involving complex equipment changes and significant process improvements including capital projects
- Define User Requirement Specifications (URS) of new equipment
- Execute commissioning protocols (installation, operation, wet testing)
- Own change requests and complete change request tasks to support project completion
- Participates in quality risk assessments such as FMEA
- Write/Revise Manufacturing related SOP’s, work instructions as a result of equipment/process installation and changes, continuous improvements and error prevention activities.
- Complete manufacturing review/approval of batch records, deviations, commissioning protocols, and validation protocols
- Review/initiate area assessments
- Liaise with training department to define and deliver operational training
- Remain up to date on all assigned training activities
- Preferred area of study: BSc in Science or Engineering or equivalent means of demonstrating ability with significant experience in industry
- Advanced years of pharma/biotech experience (or equivalent)
- Experience in the design and operation of Biopharmaceutical facilities, both manufacturing and support systems.
- Hands on experience with fermentation and/or purification of biopharmaceutical process equipment and control systems.
- Working as part of a project team associated with the execution of capital projects in an industrial environment is required.
- Experience in GMP quality systems such as Trackwise, DMS and SAP systems is desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.