Senior Calibration Technician
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Senior Calibration Technician provides calibration and metrology services support to manufacturing site operations to include support departments such as MSAT, Maintenance and Critical Systems. Schedules, performs internally and manages third party calibration activities to include record keeping. Maintains and administers both paper based and computerized metrology records supporting instrument calibration execution, GMP requirements. Tracks and reports to management out of tolerance calibration conditions.
- Perform, document and complete calibrations for utility, building and process systems per established SOP’s and training on calibration procedures using a computer based Metrology management system such as CMX, Blue Mountain RAM or similar software.
- Lead metrology management program.
- Troubleshoot plant operational, manufacturing, support departments instrumentation equipment operational, calibration issues and provides repairs, replacement corrective actions.
- Identifies, escorts and manages calibration service contractors for supplier third parts calibrations and instrumentation / system repairs.
- Maintains calibration record keeping for instrumentation and NIST traceable standards within CGMP regulatory requirements utilizing a computerized calibration management system.
- Utilize on site inventory and/or procures instrumentation, spare and repair parts from inventory system, third party suppliers and documents usage as appropriate or SOP defined.
- Supports functional reporting, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance departments with Out of Tolerance reporting, investigations and customer / regulatory audit requirements.
- Working knowledge of metrology and calibration techniques and metrology management software with the ability to deal with complex processes and procedures.
- Minimum education required is High School Diploma. Associates Degree Electronics preferred. Documented military metrology training and/or commensurate combination of metrology technical education and experience at the senior positional level.
- Intermediate year’s calibration experience at the senior technician level in metrology operations within the pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturing environment.
- Licenses or Certifications
- ASQ – Certified Calibration Technician preferred
- Proficiency with typical business software applications such as MS Word, Excel required. Enterprise Management software such as JDE or SAP CMMS and metrology instrumentation computerized management software such as Blue Mountain RAM.
- Knowledge, ability to interface with Siemens Apogee or similar building automation systems. Knowledge, familiarity with internet based purchasing and training software.
- Strong mechanical, electronic and instrumentation aptitude. Ability to choose and utilize appropriate tools, instrumentation.
- Ability to use electronic calibration, test and measurement equipment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.