Senior Analyst, Business Strategy, Analytics & Intelligence
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst, Business Strategy, Analytics and Intelligence to join our team in Walkersville, MD. Support business strategy evolution and implementation. Generate in-house views across a wide range of forward-looking topics.
This individual will be responsible for developing quantitative models to provide meaningful and insightful views on relevant markets, competitors and customer segments.
Lead on elements of strategy development and implementation – helping achieve the organization’s overall strategic objectives.
This role is key in helping stakeholders develop their fact-based understanding of the market to support better strategic and tactical decision-making.
- Define and support processes for Bioscience strategy (visioning, prioritization, alignment, governance) with clear responsibilities and metrics that drive strategic alignment in the business
- Lead/Support the development of market intelligence briefs, in-house views, periodic reports, and industry trends
- Lead/Support key enterprise/BU-wide activities, such as market, technology, innovation and company assessments
- Develop quantitative models of key growth markets
- Generate strategic insights, recommendations and action plans for internal leadership teams on future evolution of value chains
- Lead on VoC across relevant workflows/modalities
- Support Sales and Marketing with value proposition in the face of evolving competition
- Provide further insight into the overall business strategy by identifying critical questions performing ad-hoc analyses
- Collaborate across the organization and conduct research to support the creation of thought leadership
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business, Strategy, Data Analytics, Market Intelligence). MBA/Msc preferred.
- Previous experience within management consulting, business development or strategy preferably within the healthcare or consumer industries or relevant industry. Experience with market intelligence, competitive intelligence and M&A.
- Professional experience with a leading strategy consulting firm, and a record of achievement and progression or high-achieving business/strategy graduate.
- Knowledge of strategic tools and how to apply them in strategy/business development
- A highly analytical individual who can give structure to complex and often ambiguous data and modeling problems
- Distill larger volumes of data into clear, intuitive charts using Excel or other visualization tools (e.g. Tableau/Power BI)
- Excellent project management skills, with proven ability to run multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, strong interpersonal and team-working skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.