Associate Director Marketing & Project Management (Cell & Gene Therapy)
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director to join our Licensing Business Unit, working on Marketing and Project management within Cell and Gene Therapy (CGT).
The Associate Director of Marketing & Project Management CGT is responsible for the development, execution and measurement of the commercialization strategies of Lonza’s current and future cell and gene therapy licensing offerings. The main purpose of the role is to support the Licensing business unit’s short and long term objectives to ensure marketing and communication strategies deliver on defined goals to seed the cell and gene therapy innovator market with Lonza technologies.
- Build out Licensing’s CGT franchise by planning, coordinating and delivering successful launch of out-licensing offerings based on novel technologies from the Cell and Gene Therapy business unit (CGT).
- Manage and motivate multi-disciplinary project team members accountable to ensure delivery of the CGT licensing offerings. Team members may include the following functions: Commercial, IP, Legal, Marketing, Regulatory, Research & Development, Operations, Technical and Customer Support. In particular ensure close alignment and co-ordination with CGT and Bioscience BUs.
- Support the Director of Strategic Marketing to develop marketing and communication strategies and tools to maximize the growth of the CGT offering portfolio.
- Work closely with Licensing, CGT BU and R&D to provide market insight to internal and external innovation/growth projects. Provide input to define the licensing opportunity, target technology profile, value proposition, target customer segment and underlying business plans.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the competitor landscape of the target market segments, including but not limited to detailed offering, business models and SWOT analysis relative to Lonza offering.
- Degree minimum - Life Sciences related field, preferably cell and gene therapy.
- MBA/Chartered Institute – Marketing (Advantageous)
- Good understanding of Gene therapy in the market space
- Understanding of viral vector production in the Gene therapy market.
- Experience of working in Project Management – ideally within a CGT or marketing environment.
- Experience of ‘go to market’ product management.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference