Project Manager (12 month FTC)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Scientific/Operational Project Manager, you will be responsible for the definition and execution of technology and capability projects in a business partner model aligned to development services
**This role is being offered on a 12 month initial fixed term contract**
- Manage project teams and hold team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure delivery of site and project objectives.
- Manage and deliver project according to baseline scope, schedule, cost, and risk according to agreed principles and procedures.
- Ensure any changes affecting delivery objectives are managed effectively and communicated to stakeholders.
- Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate outputs to stakeholders.
- Define, organize and be responsible for communications.
- Define and actively manage risk, prioritise management of threats and ensure effective responses e.g. mitigations are in place.
- Ensure clear alignment of internal stakeholders. Build support through effective governance structure.
- Actively engage relevant operational teams in projects to ensure projects deliver the required benefits and success is sustained.
- Ensure team alignment on the tools, process and governance for effective project management
- Must have previous relevant experience in project/program management
- Must have technical competency in areas of Pharmaceutical Industry related to cGMP, regulatory standards and Biotech processing.
- MS Project skills are required. Prior experience with MS Excel MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- PMP or Prince2 desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic and operational project management experience.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.