Record to Report Analyst (11 months contract)
Record to Report Analyst
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Assisting in the preparation of group reporting and accounts by working as a team with the Senior Analyst and supervisor to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organizations financial records and transactions in an accurately and timely fashion
- Support the month, quarter and year end tasks activities in a timely and accurate manner working together with Senior Analyst. Examples of activities included, but not limited to, banks, accruals, prepayments, provisions, Rebates, general MEC closing activities.
- Execute and analyze day to day activities in order to propose process improvements. Work as a team to communicate the opportunity areas identified and establish action plans as needed, liaising with key internal stakeholders when required.
- Perform the balance sheet reconciliations, providing analysis and issue resolution for possible discrepancies and irregularities, take ownership for the action plans to escalate it to key internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the financial records/statements are maintained in compliance with the US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as needed, following the Lonza internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in both internal/external financial Audits. Ensure all financial entries have relevant and enough back up documentation.
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing day to day support to AP/AR functions.
- Technical/Bachelor degree in Finance - Accounting or equivalent. 85 – 90 English level.
- Ideally full accounting cycle knowledge and SSC experience
- Ideally CPI or CPA not mandatory
- Ideally knowledge of ERP system (SAP). Intermediate excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, sumifs)
- Understanding of accounting principles. Works well under pressure, especially during month end. Works well in a team and understands the importance of teamwork.
- Adaptable and solid team player
- Analytical skills, and ability to multi-task prioritizes work, demonstrate accuracy and pay attention to detail, meet deadlines. Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained, work in a mature, courteous and professional manner
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.