Head Logistics (Stein)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in is looking for a Head Logistics (Stein). You will be responsible for the plan and development of the organization Head Logistics (Stein) to ensure the service according the high-quality requirements. Coordination and optimization of the material management from a process, organization and value stream perspective will be part of your role as well as ensuring & monitoring the achievements of defined targets. You will live the vision and culture of the company and cultivate the exchange of information.
- Accountable for all site warehousing and material management activities related to receiving, issuing, material storage, material handling (disposition, consumption and process orders’ bookings), allocation of direct material to support manufacturing, and destructions
- Has the responsibility for inbound and outbound logistics as well as warehouse and inventory management (i.e. cool chain requirements).
- He is accountable for leading and directing accurate & compliant setup, execution and governance of physical material flows and warehousing activities for the local site ensuring a reliable supply through transparent and accurate logistics management, as well as the associated SAP/MES system including master data management.
- Responsible for driving standardization, optimization for all warehouse processes to ensure compliant product storage, transportation and distribution to optimize time and cost.
- Supports logistic audits
- Degree in Supply Chain & Logistics
- Extensive experience within Supply Chain and Logistics within the pharma or life sciences industry
- Fluency in German and English is required
- High expertise in conceptual design
- Acts and behaves as role model to leverage entire site logistics organization
- Strong leadership skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.