Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Singapore is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer based at our Tuas site. As an integral part of the Maintenance Engineering team, you will be responsible for ensuring all plant equipment are maintained and in qualification state for maximum plant availability at all times.
- Ensure availability of plant assets by determining work priorities; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing maintenance program; procedures and personnel policies to prevent production downtime.
- Ensure all routine planned repair/replacement & maintenance activities under the Maintenance team are completed on schedule.
- Support plant modification proposal by providing guidelines input on maintenance implications.
- Support CAPEX project and commissioning activities e.g. Input on equipment spares management needs, lift cycle cost analysis, etc.
- Work with cross functional teams in routine cGMP system/equipment re-qualification activities.
- Manage external service providers to provide safe, quality and cost effective works.
- Provide a safe and lean operating environment by complying to all essential statutory and cooperate requirement to protect our employee & contractors, equipment and the environment.
- Ensure audit readiness by complying with effective standards, regulatory/statutory and cGMP requirement to prevent major compliance observation.
- Ensure CAPA is in place for any deviations to prevent future recurrence incident.
- Provide cost-effective solutions in the upkeep and enhancement of plant asset life.
- Drive continuous improvement by providing recommendation and initiative to promote asset reliability and maintenance/calibration excellent to enhance equipment/system/process robustness.
- Contribution to site Maintenance excellent program
- Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Significant years of relevant experience in maintenance of manufacturing equipment, preferably in Biopharmaceutical or Petrochemical facilities
- Good understanding in process equipment design and operation
- Strong problem solving ability, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.