Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join the Engineering team at their Bend, OR location.
- Initiate and manage reliability based maintenance improvement projects
- Initiate and manage engineering improvement projects
- Receive escalations of issues related to equipment or the facility
- Track and close compliance related issues
- Candidate must constructively, courteously and professionally interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plants, analytical labs and contracted services
- Candidate must function effectively with peers and demonstrate a high degree of teamwork
- Support emergency or unplanned maintenance work
- Support planned maintenance projects during facility shutdown and process equipment availability
- Support bringing a calibration program in house and completion of documentation to facilitate this effort
- Complete root cause analysis and technical documentation of maintenance issues
- Responsible for tracking and completing measures required by safety and quality compliance program
- Utilize change control system, for small projects and facility and process equipment improvements
- 4 Year Technical Degree or Bachelors Degree required
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience with facility or process equipment and systems, maintenance, process safety analysis
- Individual must be a team player prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.