Analytical Scientist - Process Analytics
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will be joining a new Analytical Services team within Development Services in Lonza Singapore, Science Park Facility, focusing on Process Analytics. At Development Services, we are responsible for the development and characterization of manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The Process Analytics team provides rapid analytical support for cell line selection, upstream and downstream process development and process characterization studies using routine test methods alongside automated high throughput assay platforms. The purpose of this role is to execute analytical studies to a high standard in compliance with ICH guidelines, GMP and business principles. Customer interaction is also expected in this position.
- Execution of laboratory work in the area of Process Analytics supporting analytical testing on antibodies and other therapeutic recombinant proteins.
- Perform data interpretation to support laboratory studies.
- Test methods employed include, but are not limited to, techniques using capillary electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC, oligosaccharides profiling, ELISAs, etc, including high throughput versions (Bravo, Gyros, GXII, etc).
- Collaborate with other functions in the analytical team by contributing to analytical validation studies alongside Product Stability and Reference Standard activities by performing supporting analytical work.
- Contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work and not limiting to performing methods suitability assessments stages.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, teleconferences and face to face meetings).
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project work stages.
- Become established as a Subject Matter Expert in a specific area.
- Facilitate communication between other departments in Singapore (eg USP/DSP/QC/QA) and across the global Lonza network.
- Able to guide and coach junior scientists.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Practical laboratory experience in analytical testing for antibodies or proteins is required although training will be provided
- Would suit a candidate with prior experience in a cGMP / QC laboratory.
- Understanding of theory and application of mammalian cell culture for production of protein production, purification and analysis
- Have experience in automation such as Gyros xPlorer, Bravo, Tecan, Biacore, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience working within a formal Quality Management System (cGxP/ISO)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.