Sales Support Specialist
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is hiring a Sales Support Specialist. This individual will be customer focused and oriented providing an estimated 80/20 percent split of on phone/off-phone support. This individual will manage day-to-day functions of Sales & Distributor phone queue along with Sales Support Inbox requests, providing order follow-up; i.e.; pricing, status, availability, tracking, and other requests related to order.
- Utilize SAP, CRM, SFDC & other tools defined to determine validity of each price, terms, availability & logistics; reviewing all price and inventory screens before issuing price, availability, status, credit or tracking information.
- Review additional screens and/or tools to determine all factors related to price quotations/sales agreements or contracts.
- Manage reserve inventory requests in the pre and post sale set-up. Through review & monitor of open orders; on-hold; delivered & not transferred; reserve and back-order reports; edit, manage and authorize all order types including standing, back-order, and/or reserve per standard procedures. Interpret availability data for material using written reports, verbal daily updates, and notification regarding products' changing status.
- Manage day to day communications received through Sales Support mailbox within specified timeline, including but not limited to: customer order status, pricing, availability, price quotes and sample requests. This may involve soliciting information and/or feedback from other departments to obtain the necessary information or response.
- Responsible for timely execution of Sales Agreements, including creation, modification, review and final release. Ensure Management requirements are met before final release.
- Project positive, professional, friendly, helpful image to each internal / external customer. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with team members, customers, and internal & external customers.
- Manage delivery of potentially negative information, such as extended backorders, customer notifications, complaints and credit holds in the most positive & professional manner possible under such circumstances. Determine appropriate follow-up accordingly. Defusing angry customers by using professional listening and communication skills.
- Complete LSO and iComply assignments within the designated time period.
- Enter all customer interactions with customers in CRM/SFDC.
- Work directly with sales team and colleagues to manage both internal & external customer expectations in conjunction with order management, price & material availability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have HS diploma or equivalent.
- SAP knowledge/experience
- MS Suite - Intermediate
- Customer Focused
- Accountability / Stand Alone
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
- Drive for Results / Action Oriented
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Collaborative / Team-Player
- Business Acumen
- Ability to multi-task
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.