Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently seeking a Finance and Tax Accountant to join our Shared Service Centre at our state-of-the-art offices in Manchester, UK.
You will be providing support to the Senior Accountants on preparation of the statutory accounts, local legal requirements and tax compliance for Lonza EMEA, with a key focus on the UK and German markets.
- Work closely with the controlling team on the Castleford (UK) site to calculate rebates and commissions and undertake a weekly cash flow forecasting exercise.
- Tax Compliance. Assist with the preparation of the annual tax return, working closely with our outsourced provider.
- Statutory accounting and compliance. Liaison with nominated outsourced provider and external auditors.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Includes but limited to: insurance renewals, IFRS to local GAAP adjustments, ad hoc.
- Assist with banking administration and approvals.
- Quarterly GTC calculations for several EMEA entities.
- Performance and co-ordination of internal controls execution.
What we need you to have:
- Graduate and A Level Maths and English.
- Preferred area of study: Business Studies/Accountancy.
- Fully Qualified CIMA ACCA or CA.
- Manufacturing accounting / Financial accounting including IFRS/SAP/HFM.
- Technical skills in accounting and some experience in tax.
- Self-motivated, innovative and open to learning other functions and participating in projects.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.