Lab Technologist, Development Services
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This Lab Technologist role will be joining the Clinical Development team in Lonza Singapore. The Clinical Development group are responsible for the development and characterization manufacturing processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. The purpose of this role is to contribute to laboratory management activities in the department to help ensure that the laboratory is a safe, GMP compliant and efficient place to work.
- Adherence to EHS rules and regulations
- Adherence to good laboratory practices according to cGMP and cGDP
- Responsible in daily routine operational task in laboratory, 90% laboratory work
- Equipment maintenance and daily calibrations
- Autoclaving of equipment and manual washing of glassware
- Ensure good housekeeping and audit readiness
- Coordinating equipment maintenance
- Preparation of media, feeds, buffers and reagents
- Purchase and maintain stock levels of consumables and chemicals
- Shipping coordinator for samples and consumables
- Contributes to operational efficiency in the department
- Demonstrate flexibility to support other activities within the team/department
- Future 6S area owners
- Completion and peer review of document as per GMP requirements
- Diploma in a relevant Science field
- Some years of practical working experiences in laboratory operation or environment as per cGxP
- Basic knowledge of routines in laboratory environment gained through formal training or experience
- Basic knowledge of practical laboratory skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and other relevant software packages
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.