Quality Control Analyst - Environmental Monitoring
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The purpose of this role is to support the Quality Control, Environmental Monitoring team in maintaining the cleanrooms for aseptic manufacturing for both At Rest and In Operation conditions. This role will also be central in all processes associated with environmental monitoring and integral with environmental investigations, excursion report writing, and general upkeep of the micro department.
Shift hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm CST
- Performance of environmental monitoring. Level 3 gowning qualification is required. There will be events where many hours within the cleanroom at level 3 gowning is required.
- Assist with the maintenance of laboratory/ media supplies and equipment.
- Writes reports and performs investigations for environmental excursions; assist and write standard operational procedures, trend reports, deviations, and corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs water sampling and gas testing.
- Execute process validations, process qualifications, and gowning qualifications
- Bachelors degree required with concentration in Scientific discipline
- Flexibility and adaptable to environment needs. Work hours may vary dependent on the demands of individual manufacture events. Dependable and able to work well within a team
- Attains a solid understanding of cGMP principles and working knowledge in cGMP environment
- Working knowledge in scientific laboratory
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must have aseptic technique and aseptic gowning aptitude.
- Acquires and documents training on all laboratory general tasks and is capable of performing assigned test methods and using associated instrumentation.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Writing is typically free of punctuation, spelling and grammatical errors
- Problem solves by selecting appropriate alternative from defined options.
- Records test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records.
- Interested in learning new things. Open to change.
- Is optimistic and displays a positive attitude even during periods of adversity
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.