Remote-Senior Account Manager- (West Coast)
United States, Hayward (California)
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is currently looking for a ( Remote) Senior Account Manager for our West Coast Sales Team. The incumbent will proactively manage customer relationships and deliver year on year revenue and pipeline targets to support delivery of Lonza's growth targets. This role will work collaboratively with the small molecules global network.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer's business and act as the customer advocate internally to cultivate and maintain positive customer relationships
- Target potential growth opportunities, consistent with Lonza's capabilities, and develop value propositions and actions plans to increase the project portfolio and licensing opportunities
- Support as necessary management of technology specific global Key Account opportunities to deliver growth of key account sales revenues
- Act as the customer advocate and leverage internal team expertise to resolve problems and follow through on commitments, elevating critical issues to the appropriate management level for removal of organizational barriers to resolve
- Plan and perform the selling, proposal and contract negotiation processes, developing and deploying robust value propositions and action plans to close deals effectively and maximize margin
- Build and sustain a deep knowledge of the Lonza offerings (including licensing), in relation to key competitors, to ensure Lonza's value offering is strongly communicated and understood
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences / Drug Formulation Life Science discipline
- Significant experience selling in pharma industry
- Excellent command of English, Solid written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Creative, adaptable, capable of self-motivation and independence
- Customer facing attitude. The ability to build relationships based on trust and long term commitment. Strong gravitas.
- Leadership skills
- Experience of working in / and / or leading teams
- Is optimistic and has the tenacity to bounce back from rejection
- Is keen to understand customer motivation and customer value drivers to realize full account potential
- Is comfortable operating with degrees of ambiguity
- Is objective in decision-making and balancing risk
- Demonstrates strong business awareness and commercial acumen in positioning Lonza products/services
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.