Global Master Data Domain Owner, Finance
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a talented Global Master Data Domain Owner to join our Shared Service Centre in Manchester, UK.
You will be responsible for data management in Finance & Controlling area as part of a wider global Master Data team. This will include involvement in global projects, leading harmonisation and enhancement of master data processes, working closely with the internal key stakeholders to achieve data excellence and increase its positive impact on business.
- Implement a multi-level program (Governance, Data Model, Process, Organization, Tools, Authorization, Consistency checks and live cycle, build network) in a specific domain.
- In related domains, the Global Domain Owner gathers the necessary knowledge and keeps it up-to-date to ensure business processes and reports are optimally supported.
- Amongst the responsibilities is to set the right priorities in the domain and make sure the influence on other systems and domains as well as on processes and reports is checked.
- Represent the Global Master Data Team in global projects of various functions and making sure the standards are implemented.
- Ensuring the relevant stakeholders and impacted parties are part of the discussions and enables to come up with optimized solutions.
- Dealing with escalations and challenges that is escalated from stakeholders, the business or enabling functions.
- In some cases, the domain owner also leads virtual global teams.
What we need you to have:
- We expect a Master degree in Supply Chain, IT, Finance, Mathematics, Chemical/Bio Engineering or a related field.
- You are able to communicate fluent in English.
- You are interested in developing yourself and others and take new challenges.
- Managing people is your passion.
- Well organized, work independently, communicative.
- Experience in project management & knowledge of project management tools (e.g. MS Visio).
- Knowledge with SAP ERP & BW or other systems in relation to data management and reports is an asset.
- Strength in proactive communication.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.