Associate Process Engineer
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Associate Process Engineer provides entry-level support to manufacturing processes to include manufacturing process equipment troubleshooting and continuous improvement of manufacturing equipment and materials. Ensures preventative maintenance of equipment is appropriate and timely. Assists in manufacturing training needs and provides technical assistance for documentation improvements and changes. This role works cross functionally with Manufacturing, MSAT, and Quality to support tech transfer of new products.
- Exhibits a safety first mindset. Identifies safety issues, completes investigation forms, and executes safety improvement actions to improve safe state of the site. Participates in Job Safety Analysis as required.
- Drive to support troubleshooting and problem solving within Manufacturing. Seeks support as required (such as from SMEs, Supervisor, or vendors). Stop Think Act Review (STAR). Eager to escalate with vendors as required for troubleshooting, hosting vendor on site as required. Clears communication with impacted departments on the planned tasks/actions.
- Capable in escalation as required for after-hours support through to resolution..
- Generates Work Order Notifications for any activity performed in GMP area and ensures that WO is completed and signed off.
- Coordinates with Vendor and Lonza Hayward Manufacturing Department if any materials are required for equipment Preventive Maintenance.
- Performs all scheduled activities and tasks within designated time frame.
- Effective communication with Manufacturing to ensure Engineering work does not affect production schedule.
- Knows when to escalate issues to higher level associates or supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in process engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ years’ experience in pharma/biotech production setting.
- Experience in the operation of manufacturing systems for biopharmaceutical facilities. Practical experience in the coordination of engineering, equipment, vendors, and contractors.
- Manufacturing principles including technical specialists relating to Fermentation (USP) and Purification (DSP).
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.