Team Leader, Production
Production Team Leader
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position will serve mainly as a Relief Shift Leader for Hard Capsule Operations. The position will be responsible for covering any shift leader absences due to vacation, LOA, heavy workloads or other overtime needs.
Duties will include those of a Shift Leader including, but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Holding necessary safety meetings and communications
- Providing leadership
- Maintaining a sense of teamwork
- Ensuring achievement of Business goals
- Coordinating team activities through day-to-day operations
- Assuring daily review of batch records for compliance to CGMP’s
- Coordinating workload between shifts and departments
- Monitoring quality of work on the shift
- Coaching colleagues to help them utilize their potential
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Attendance is the plant is considered an essential function.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an HCM QMA operator a strong desire.
- Minimum of 3 years experience within Capsugel.
- Basis Computer skills.
- Excellent Oral & Written communication skills required.
- Passing scores on Munsell color vision test.
- Passing scores on Work Keys for external candidates.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.