Operator, Gel Melt
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Gel Melt Operator prepares the gelatin solution for the manufacture of empty gelatin capsules.
- Follows prescribed ingredient list and work instructions in the preparation of gelatin solution and titanium dioxide suspension for the manufacture of empty gelatin capsules.
- Lifts 20kg bags of materials and dispenses the materials into batch vessels.
- Maintains records and prepares labels in compliance with GMPs.
- Communicates to oncoming shift melt operator all information pertinent to operation.
- Performs basic maintenance and troubleshooting on melt equipment.
- Accountable for departmental housekeeping duties.
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Must meet expectations on Safety, Attendance, Teamwork, Quality, and Productivity metrics.
- Performs other responsibilities as directed.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must have passed Work Keys.
- Must score 100 or below on the Color Test.
- Basic computer skills preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.