Engineer, Site Facilities
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible to oversee the preventative maintenance program and proactively improve the reliability of all site facility and utility equipment. Communicate and proactively work with other departments. Coordinate and supervise multiple outside contractors. Proactively seeks sustainability and continuous improvement solutions throughout the site. Applies engineering principles in evaluating and recommendations to technical problems. Individual must be creative, self-motivated, and results oriented.
- Daily monitoring of site utilities and environmental controls.
- Coordination of all Planned Facilities Maintenance events and scheduled outages.
- Management and update of site asset list.
- Monitoring and managing all site facility related chemicals.
- Proactively improve the PM program (documentation and execution).
- Manage outside contractors working on facility projects. Assure quality, safety and cGMP guidelines are met by all contractors.
- Stay current and maintain an understanding of FDA, OSHA, EPA policy requirements and regulations, and practicing policies of cGMP as they relate to this site.
- Promote a safe working environment and remain up to date on all safety regulations.
- Available to work overtime with short notice as requested by Manager. Available to work as required during emergencies related to facility equipment.
- Proactively work with all departments to fully understand support required from facilities (people and utilities).
- Ensure all facility equipment is operational to uptime requirements for the business.
- Utilize CMMS system to drive efficiencies in equipment operations and ongoing cost.
- Ability to drive investigations to the root cause and implementation of effective control phase to prevent future re-occurrences.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week, which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Communication with Site Leadership and Management required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Engineering Degree - Industrial/Mechanical preferred
- At least 2+ years of Utilities Management
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) on technical and non-technical subjects
- Ability to form plan through analyzing data and execute solutions
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.