Manufacturing Associate Level 2
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manufacturing Associate II is responsible for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins (API) under cGMP conditions. Senior Associates are expected to demonstrate expertise and breadth of knowledge in executing process recipes across a variety of production activities, following written procedures (SOPs), monitoring equipment and processes, independently performing laboratory tasks, including pH, conductivity testing, product sampling, and conducting routine sanitization tasks to maintain facility and equipment and train other operators on these tasks. They are expected to demonstrate expertise and technical leadership in cGMP compliance and an in-depth understanding of process flow and be able to make decisions based on that experience. Manufacturing Associates III are able to troubleshoot complex and non-routine equipment events, initiate and assess deviations, review batch records and logbooks. May be asked to assume responsibilities for covering shift supervisor absences/vacations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Upstream - Deltav, Single Use Bioreactor operations, High capacity filtration (3M depth filter and Millipod) Vi-cell, Hi-res Cedex cell counter, cell culture operations experience, buffer and media preparation experience preferred
- Downstream - Unicorn, Akta Ready/XL chromatography, column operations, ultrafiltration, buffer preparation experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow specific procedures and instructions
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Customer focus, drives results, collaborates, instills trust, manages complexity and agility
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with competing priorities; successfully drive projects forward to meet program/project deliverables
- Excellent GMP knowledge
- Competency in MS programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook)
- Strong in mathematics and statistics
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.