Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an opportunity for a Demand Analyst to join our team. The position has the flexibility to work both from home and at our offices in Slough, as required.
The role of the Demand Analyst is is key in understanding and articulating the changes in demand for the Services side of the Lonza business to senior management.
The Demand Analyst will summarise the changes in demand (including value) and share with the Heads of Dept to further enhance the insights that are then later shared at the Site Supply Planning Meeting.
The changes in demand will be measured, tracked and any trends fed back to Heads of Dept, Program Management, Supply Chain and Commercial.
The role is key in understanding any shifts or trends in the Services side of the business and providing management with insights to better navigate the business.
- Provide monthly report summarizing demand changes by Services Dept and breaking down by types of work and contractual status.
- Capture additional insights from Heads of Depts and provide one summary report to be shared in Site Supply Planning meeting.
- Measure the demand accuracy for different lags and different time horizons. Establish Demand KPI’s.
- Analyse trends and shifts in types of work and values of work (mix)
- Report on schedule adherence – actuals versus locked plan and over 1 and 3 month horizons.
- Be able to communicate clearly why volume and value forward demand has changed, what has changed and then articulate the implications of this change.
- Provide month by month volume and value overviews by Services Dept.
- Fully understand the challenges and constraints of the different Services departments.
- Work with Demand Management Specialists to understand changes in BTO slot timings and release thereof.
- Maintain Sales Revenue Outlook (SRO) adjustments
- Monitor alignment of production (GMP & Pilot) schedule and forecast
- Calculate VSF forecasts for raw materials based upon usage and create SAP forecast and maintain periodically (every 3-6 months)
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Demand Planning
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Supply Chain, ideally within a Manufacturing Organisation
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- APICS CPIM desirable but not necessary
- Experience across Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint & SAP
- Cross functional working
- Team working
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.