Senior SAR Analyst-1
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You will play a key Business Partner role though the analysis and monitoring of divisional and functional costs. As an interface with the relevant Functions the role consist of supporting and advising the Business on financial matters such as budgeting, work force planning, reporting, etc.
- Financial support
Work closely with the Finance Business Partner to ensure excellent Business Support
- Understanding the cost drivers of Cost Centers / Department and provide insight to the non-finance members
- Provide financial advice and support to decision making: advise on costs, consulting spending, FTEs, planning and reporting
- Participate in review during Outlook and Target planning cycles
- Support improvement initiatives
- Process Management
- Manage month end close activities for the Functions (accruals, reclassifications, allocation, FTE assignments, …)
- Analyze financial information and provide comments
- Plan costs and FTEs during Outlook and Budget cycles
- Assist with year-end and internal audits
- Support M&A and divestment projects as needed
- Support projects by setting and controlling budgets, tracking spend and ensuring compliance
- Bachelor degree with Accounting / Finance / Economics or other relevant major
- Significant experience in finance related functions
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively in order to explain financial concepts to non-finance people
- Attention to detail, organizational, planning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, and general computer skills particularly with accounting systems (SAP preferred) and reporting (BW)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Power BI preferred)
- Good understanding of project management
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.