Senior Cost Controller
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for multiple Senior Cost Controller to join our Financial Shared Service Centre in Manchester, UK as part of an exciting project in the department.
You will be part of a team covering the end-to-end process and get to learn about different areas of the business such as sales, marketing, admin and R&D, alongside a broad finance responsibilities.
Supporting the Finance Business Partner to ensure excellent Business Support.
Provide guidance to the non-finance members based on the understanding the cost drivers of Cost Centres / Department.
Be responsible for financial advice and support to decision making: advise on costs, consulting spending, FTEs, planning and reporting.
Participate in review during Outlook and Target planning cycles.
Contribute and support improvement initiatives.
What we need you to have:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Finance related field required.
- Around 3 years’ experience in finance related functions.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively in order to explain financial concepts to non-finance people.
- Solid organizational, planning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, and general computer skills particularly with accounting systems (SAP preferred) and reporting (BW).
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Power BI preferred).
- Good understanding of project management model and concepts.
- Fluent in English (oral and written) language required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.