Function/Cost Controller - San Jose, Costa Rica
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Function/Cost Controller plays a key Business Partner role though the analysis and monitoring of divisional and functional costs. As an interface with the relevant Functions the role consist of supporting and advising the Business on financial matters such as budgeting, work force planning, reporting, etc.
Work closely with the Finance Business Partner to ensure excellent Business Support
- Understanding the cost drivers of Cost Centers / Department and provide insight to the non-finance members
- Provide financial advice and support to decision making: advise on costs, consulting spending, FTEs, planning and reporting
- Participate in review during Outlook and Target planning cycles
- Support improvement initiatives
- Manage month end close activities for the Functions (accruals, reclassifications, allocation, FTE assignments, …)
- Analyze financial information and provide comments
- Plan costs and FTEs during Outlook and Budget cycles
- Assist with year-end and internal audits
- Support M&A and divestment projects as needed
- Support projects by setting and controlling budgets, tracking spend and ensuring compliance
- Embraces new initiatives and drives successful implementation in his/her area
- Uses knowledge of his/her business area and related areas to make correct and timely decisions
- Works in partnership as an active member of his/her team and crossfunctional working groups
- Uses systematic approaches to ensure customer key metrics are tracked and analyzed for continuous improvement
- Appropriately prioritizes multiple demands and leads defined work to successful conclusion on time
- Creates a positive work environment for his/her team and demonstrates high integrity
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.