Laboratory Scientist Physico-Chemical Quality Control, DPS
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland and Stein, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Laboratory Scientist Physico-Chemical Quality Control, DPS.
- Carry-out physico-chemical analytical tests according to cGMP standards on drug products in clinical development or commercial phase (including UPLC/HPLC, CE and iCE/icIEF purity methods, content by UV, identity, color, clarity and opalescence, pH, osmolality, extractable volume, CCI, visible particles, sub-visible particles and related DP analytics)
- Follow applicable SOPs and current documentation practices
- Contribute to planning of analytical method validation as well as execute and evaluate experiments
- Support cGMP regulated analytical method transfer
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment as well as safety and health protection following cGMP regulations, lab and safety instructions
- Support installation and qualification of new instruments, ensure proper maintenance of equipment for DPS physico-chemical Quality Control in close alignment with current best practices and regulations
Help establish and maintain (Pikett service) drug product analytical infrastructure and services for biologics, small molecule and peptide parenteral products for clinical and commercial products
- Training on the job as lab technician (EFZ, HF, CTA, BTA or PTA) or BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field incl. solid work experience in relevant area
- Working experience as a research/ technical assistant in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry, in analytical quality testing (QC)
- Experience working in a cGMP-regulated environment is advantageous.
- Strong working knowledge in relevant analytical techniques in protein/peptide analytics
- Knowledge of laboratory specific software (e.g. Empower, Chromeleon, LIMS-system)
- Experience in reporting, interpretation and documentation of scientific results
- Good communication and inter-personal skills; Ability to work independently in a team
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.