Manager, Business Development ( New England Territory )
The Lonza Small Molecules Division is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to support the New England market .The ideal candidate will be based in the Massachusetts . The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying business opportunities to grow Lonza’s share in the Drug Substance and Drug Product CDMO segments. The incumbent will work closely with divisional and regional business leaders to target strategic business opportunities and to define effective plans to secure growth for Lonza.
The key objective of the role is to create a consistent pipeline of new business development opportunities that simultaneously create value for customers, consumers, and Lonza. Strong Business Development skills will enable working with customers to ensure the successful development of new products and growth initiatives in small molecules.
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
- Effectively promote current technical capabilities and emerging / new technologies as they become available to facilitate generation and closing of new business opportunities.
- Responsible for generating new business from new customers through a high level of customer contact including frequent direct customer visits and extensive networking activities.
- Networking and building trust throughout the enterprise
- Work with marketing, account managers and product development to develop strategies that ensure Lonza’s position as the leading solutions provider.
- Identify market trends, assesses market potential and develop strategies to grow market share using data from customer base/market and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Provide timely, industry leading customer support, define, and interface with internal resources, when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a life sciences field
- Intermediate to advanced years of experience
- Travel required, domestic and occasionally international
- Familiar with CDMO industry
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.