Process Validation Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to hire an experienced downstream purification Scientist to join our global Viral Clearance team in Slough.
The scientist is a key member of the team working in collaboration with our external vendors to validate the downstream purification process according to regulatory guidelines. They will plan the experimental work, write protocols and reports, analyse data and troubleshoot technical issues and identify solutions, with the aim of working towards becoming a Study Director and subject matter expert in process validation and study management. They will collaborate with peers in their own team and other teams to ensure that projects adhere to agreed experimental plans and timelines, to deliver a high-quality study following all safety and quality procedures.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to move into a primarily desk-based role with technical troubleshooting and project management opportunities.
- Input into the design of own projects
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of own projects (safety, quality, on time, right first time) including completion of project dashboards
- Escalate issues in a timely fashion (technical)
- Collate and critically analyse information and drive good quality, data driven decisions on own projects
- Operate as part of a cross-functional project team with external vendors
- Completion and peer review of internal and external documentation
- Prepare and deliver draft presentations and reports for internal use and for Customers
- Actively participate in scientific discussions
- Develop an awareness of core project activities outside own area of expertise
What we need you to have:
- BSC Qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience in protein purification including chromatography and use of AKTA systems
- Previous experience in viral clearance including viral inactivation and nanofiltration would be an advantage.
- Working experience within an industrial Laboratory environment.
- Previous experience of working in a GLP/GMP environment is preferred.
- Candidates must have a good attention to detail and be able to work as a cross-functional team.
- Evidence of driving projects to completion following project timelines.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.l