Manufacturing Science and Technology Pilot Plant Supervisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will independently manage and control the creation, review, approval and issuance of technical reports according to standard timelines, coordinate review and approvals to ensure timely delivery against revenue forecasts.
- Actively monitor progress of document creation, routinely communicate and liaise with both internal and external customer teams to resolve potential issues in a timely manner and ensure changes are incorporated appropriately and all requirements met
- Provide technical knowledge/ expertise to both internal and external customer in planning and execution of pilot plant batches
- Ensure effective communication channels from pilot team to Manufacturing Science and Technology, Quality control, Process development, Program management, Engineering and other cross functional team as required to ensure flawless execution of pilot plant activities.
- To actively and efficiently manage the forecasting and reservation of materials for Good Manufacturing Practices Pilot batches. To liaise with Supply Chain and Scientific team leads to highlight and resolve any potential materials issues. To accurately report batch material usage and to highlight procedural and systematic improvements based upon own expert knowledge. Editorial ownership of document groups such as Process Batch Records
- Act as the custodian of the Local Pilot Schedule and develop Key Performance Indicators to report performance against plan. Liaise with Scientific team leaders to plan and define batch schedules taking operational considerations into account
- Assist in resolving scheduling conflicts, Proactively provide feedback regarding risks or opportunities that may impact on delivery dates
- Master or Bachelor degree in Biotechnology/ Bioprocess/ Chemical engineering;
- Advanced english proficiency;
- Significant experience in Good Manufacturing Practices / Pilot Plant
- Has in field expertise gained within a relevant capacity and preferably with working knowledge of pilot scale or a current Good Manufacturing Practices environment
- Able to independently manage complex and highly technical report creation and revision throughout the document lifecycle from concept to effective state
- Very familiar with pilot and Quality Control operations, scheduling and practices
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.