Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
QA Specialist (QA on the Floor) provides Quality Assurance support real-time for all areas within Lonza Portsmouth that are directly or indirectly involved in the execution of GMP-related activities.
Night Shift: 20% Differenti
• Daily rotation through GMP operational areas for the review of GMP documentation and observation of GMP work habits
• Authorize placement and removal of Quality Tag Outs
• Respond to QA Hotline calls in support of GMP operations
• Provide GMP guidance to Manufacturing, QC, Engineering/Facilities and MSAT.
• Document all items within QAOTF shift notes, provide follow-up for other shifts as needed.
• Represent QA in meetings or on project teams
• High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have attention to detail and good investigation, problem solving and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively with people and communicate negative information and obtain positive results
• Works well and facilitates positive interdepartmental interactions with a diverse group of people. Voluntarily communicates needs and suggestions clearly and effectively. Listens and is attentive to others
• Familiarity with SAP, TrackWise, DMS, and LIMS systems an advantage
• Capable of being flexible as required tasks change and maintain productivity
• Keeps project leads and team members informed of the status of assigned work
• Must be a strong, dependable team player
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications
• Resolve differing perspectives with effective negotiation skills
• Properly prioritize tasks, manage time effectively. Positive proactive approach to drive projects/tasks to completion
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.