Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Reliability Engineer, you will provide support and guidance to Maintenance personnel, Engineers, Quality Assurance on mechanical reliability issues on cGMP and non-cGMP equipment.
- Provide support and guidance to Maintenance personnel, Engineers, Quality Assurance on mechanical reliability issues on cGMP and non-cGMP equipment identified during design phase, installation, or normal operations. Transfer lessons learned, knowledge and best practices to sites.
- Participates in the design, development and optimization of asset maintenance plans for new and modified assets to ensure reliability and maintainability.
- Develop sustainable programs, tools, and processes to improve plant operability and reliability, assess equipment failures and recommend appropriate corrective preventive actions.
- Analyze asset performance data from available sources to identify reliability issues and develop engineering solutions to improve asset health and reduce risk. Solutions may include maintenance strategy modification, equipment modification, or asset replacement. Assists Engineering with the development of the business case to support capital investment for asset replacement.
- Manage outside contractor resources that perform Predictive Maintenance techniques and monitor the repair recommendations originating from contractors for technical accuracy and proper prioritization.
- Leads efforts to ensure operability, maintainability and reliability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety / security systems.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility the Reliability Engineer applies various data analysis techniques.
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness, remaining useful life and other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets.
- Comply to all Lonza's EHS requirements, never put oneself and others at safety & health risks, and report any workplace accidents, near misses and hazards as soon as practicable.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- BS or equivalence level in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering related disciplines preferred
- Significant working experience in chemical pharmaceutical/Biologics background.
- Fluent in Chinese and English, both oral and written.
- GMP knowledge particular on utility and facility area.
- Team leader.
- Familiar with utility and facility systems on operation and maintenance.
- Experienced user of MS Office software.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.