Senior Quality Control Associate
Senior QC Associate Cell Therapy
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To support our continuously challenging QC Department we are currently looking for a experienced QC Professional for the evening and night shifts.
As Senior you are also responsible for planning and execution of daily quality assays and control activities while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards in the area of responsibility.
- Perform and review cell and/or micro based assays (e.g. qPCR, FLOW, ELISA, viability, endotoxin, cell count) defined per training program
- Writing or review of documentation (e.g. SOP’s, Quality Instructions, protocols…) related to quality control activities
- Ensure proper operations of laboratory equipment
- Be supportive for the performance of QC methods during the transfer of QC assays and stability testing
- Cross-departmental cooperation to ensure timely processing and reporting of results
- Responsible for reporting test results towards Supervisor QC
- Initiation/ first review of Quality Events as NC’s, CRF’s and OOS’s
- This position requires experience in analytical laboratory techniques in a microbiological and/or biotechnological environment.
- The position requires a very precise and responsible working attitude.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in chemistry/biotechnology.
- Extensive experience with GMP and good knowledge of incoming materials, EM, microbiological (gram stain, sterility) or analytical (RT-qPCR, FACS, ELISA) techniques depending on the area of interest.
- Willing to work in Shifts (evening and night)
- Good communication skills in English.
- Accuracy, tidiness, self-organized, flexible, attention to detail.
- Team player
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.