Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Analytical Chemist at their Bend, OR location. The Analytical Chemist uses an understanding of chemistry and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) to conduct analysis of raw materials, in-process items and finished product in a cGMP lab in order to support dosage form development, clinical and commercial manufacturing. This position is an entry to intermediate level chemist and does documentation work as well as project support work cross-functionally.
- Testing for release and stability of raw materials and/or finished product intermediates and/or finished products
- Perform basic and intermediate laboratory operations
- Validate and/or transfer analytical methods with supervision
- Operate analytical instrumentation
- Notebook documentation and review
- Write and review Bend Test Procedures and SOPs under supervision
- Perform basic training for new chemists
- Sampling and testing of cleaning samples
- Support Subject Matter Expert on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a scientific related field
- Relevant laboratory experience in a related field is preferred
- GMP Experience is preferred
- Proficient on HPLC, Karl Fisher, dissolution, and other related lab technologies is preferred
- Must be able to work 4/10's. Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat. and occasional weekends/hours if needed
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.