MSAT Operations Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Leads MSAT Operations team (MSAT technical experts), responsible to manufacture high value added products for our customers in time in full and within quality, safety and cost objectives and under stringent and complex regulatory GMP environment.
Responsible to guide and coach the team on achieving goals and developing necessary skills that meet company expectations as well as enables individuals development and provide the appropriate MSAT technical experts, that delivers measureable value for the business to ensure alignment among the different customer projects and site strategic projects in terms of robustness, safety, standardization, cost, efficiency and GMP compliance.
- Responsible to provide technical expertise capabilities of MSAT area, ensuring appropriate and prioritized allocation of resources that enables to meet the expectations of internal and external customers and stakeholders and ensuring the alignment.
- Builds and ensure the right balance on resources between the external customer requests and the site strategic drivers, foster the customer focus (internal and external).
- Responsible for the short-medium-long term MSAT operations by ensuring that all required elements related to safety, cost, innovation, delivery and quality, ensuring appropriate follow up and corrective actions implementation from any deviation.
- Ensures operational standards implemented meet manufacturing operational requirements in terms of safety, quality, cost, innovation, robustness and efficiency aligned with Company strategy and goals.
- Along with MSAT Projects Manager and Manufacturing/Engineering management, responsible for identifying and managing continuous improvement strategy of the Area in alignment with company D2E strategy.
- Defines and implements training strategy for the team to meet GMP requirements and at the same time to enable a single high skilled and focused on detail cross-functional team.
- Bachelor of Science, Science Related Field
- Good command of written and spoken English - Business Fluent
- Advanced experience of MSAT Management
- Deep Knowledge biologics/pharma manufacturing processes and GMP environment
- Deep Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and tools
- Strong leadership skills; must be capable of managing, developing and guiding a MSAT projects team in a complex GMP environment, by personal example, credibility and influence.
- Technical knowledge of clean room engineering including particle control mechanisms.
- Strong experience in building, developing and leading indirect teams.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.