Sales Specialist 2 - Endotoxin Testing
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Sales Specialist for Endotoxin Testing (Location: Biopolis Way), role will be responsible for increasing and maintaining Testing product sales on existing key accounts and to identify potential customers in the territory. Role will also need to develop tactical plan and marketing for key accounts to achieve sales target.
Other than maintaining relationship with customer, the role is required to provide field technical support to our customers.
Additionally, communication on market trends and competition to the team will be critical to chart strategy and marketing direction in order to aid in sales.
- Responsible for increasing and maintaining Testing product sales on existing key accounts and identify potential customers in territory.
- Assess sales potentials and develop tactical plans by account to effectively achieve specific territory sales targets and goals.
- Develop and manage call plans from direct selling activities to high priority accounts efficiently.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key contacts through cold calling, team callings and other means of out-reach to territory customers.
- Provide field technical support to customers for key product lines .
- Practice sound time management for efficient and effective field sales activities.
- Communicate timely to management regarding market trends, applications and competitive activities in territory Generate and attend to requests for sample orders, tenders, quotations and purchase orders.
- Collect and forward to management regarding market information including competitive promotions, contract prices, new products, new applications and customer needs.
- Involvement in team work activities, such as team calling to customers, seminar events, etc.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or equivalent with working experience in the Life Science Industry.
- Knowledge of cell culture and/or biotech/biopharma laboratory products preferred.
- Must be organized, self-disciplined and a quick learner.
- Must be a flexible self-starter with excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform expeditiously and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects; possess strong time management skills; is thorough and possesses strong follow through skills.
- Demonstrated Computer software skills including Microsoft Office (Computer literate), maintaining CRM database, spreadsheet creation and maintenance skills, filing, organization, record keeping.
- Knowledge of SAP & CRM is a plus.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with ability to articulate key technical concepts; listening skills; independent and self-directed.
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.