Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Proposal Associate directs activities and works cross-functionally within the organization to manage the drafting of quotes, estimates and change orders. The Proposal Administrator tracks quotation and change order requests.
- Provide support to Program Management and Account Management to generate quote generation and responding to inquiries for new business.
- This includes, but is not limited to, generating quotes/estimates/change orders, managing the establishment of project budgets, and monitoring/obtaining the approval of these documents.
- Interface with Account Management, potential clients and internal personnel, as necessary to coordinate and negotiate the completion of all Requests for Information.
- Implement and manage proposal-tracking tools to consistently and accurately track the status of all quotations, change orders, and estimates.
- Perform additional project related or administrative assignments as requested by management to achieve CGT BU goals.
- Comply with all state and federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Maintain the software tools – such as Salesforce, Conga to automate proposal process
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Business/Science/Engineering.
- Working knowledge of relevant, progressive experience in various areas of proposal and/or commercial management is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cell and Gene Technologies/Biologics/ Pharmaceutical industries is considered highly desirable.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence and gain commitment of the technical, program and business development team members
- Superior organizational, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Proven capability to manage multiple request, meeting tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and financial mindset required.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.