Student Internship / Praktikant
Student Internship / Praktikant in Pharmaceutical Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is your chance to join a growing new venture from Lonza, one of the world’s leading and most-trusted suppliers to the pharmaceutical, biotech and specialty ingredients markets. Our Drug Product Services department provides best-in-class services for parenteral dosage forms for several drug classes, and provides a one-stop-shop for all clinical outsourcing requirements. As an intern at Drug Product Services, you can be at the heart of it. You will use your scientific understanding along with novel analytical tools to solve problems that would make the drug product development process more efficient and improve the likelihood of success.
You will be handling challenging problems in diverse areas in drug product development on a daily basis:
- Hands-on work in a laboratory
- Accurate data recording and maintenance of documentation
- You are an important link in the chain of our daily project work, ensuring smooth workflows, including buffer preparation, sample preparation, sample ID management, and sample analysis.
Depending on your background, experience and interest, you will be working in one of the following Drug Product Services areas:
- Formulation Development
- Process Development
- Pharmaceutical Services
- A very strong team player
- Flexibility, agility, and proactivity
- Self-motivated and have a strong passion for science and interest for pharmaceutical R&D
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, fluency in English
- Should have attention to detail and a strong sense of accuracy; should be able to judge plausibility of results
- Willingness to learn and execute complex tasks
- Lab work experience is a plus
- Analytical instrument knowledge is a plus
Targeted starting date for the internship: 1 January 2023
Application deadline: 23 October 2022
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.