Record to Report Supervisor
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Record to Report Supervisor ensure that all financial and accounting operations within an accounting department run smoothly. R2R Supervisor oversees the work of junior accounting staff, review financial statements to ensure accuracy, and reconcile general ledger accounts. This position will provide leadership, day to day hands on support and guidance to the managed team in order to fulfil in an effective way the process quality and accuracy demand.
- Leads and develop the managed team, through proactive training, coaching, mentoring, professional development and performance feedback.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers. Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with customers.
- Initiates meetings to resolve accounting issues that may impact profit and loss statement with the appropriate teams i.e. Accounts Payable, Controllers, Accounts Receivable, Corporate Accounting, etc.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders including accounting authorities and auditors.
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Oversees balance sheet reconciliations of accounts and ensure timely resolution and clean-up of overdue items identified.
- Ensure proper accounting of financial transactions and accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved.
- Communicates effectively with R2R Manager and provide information related to issues, roadblocks and accomplishments of the team.
- Ensures all accounting policies and procedures are adhered including ICS controls and global processes.
- Understand and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls.
Provide back up support to team when out of the office due to vacation, travel or sick.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, proactive and can work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Knowledgeable in identifying risks and in implementing controls.
- Facility towards a decision-making processes with a clear customer centric mindset
- Solid computer skills – Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, SAP SD Module, HFM
- Solid knowledge in consolidation & reporting of the financial information
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to interface with various levels of management.
- Ability and knowhow to be able to back up with data and analysis his proposals/ideas and support them to leaders of all levels
Accounting certification (e.g. CPI or CPA)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.