Scientist, Research & Development
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Scientist, Research Development at their Bend, OR location. This scientist will participate in research, development and transfer of drug delivery innovations within Lonza.
- Learn and understand how to safely operate a range of instruments and equipment, and demonstrate proficiency for achieving quality results
- Reliably and proficiently execute routine experiments, analyzes and interprets data using standard techniques by applying fundamental scientific knowledge
- Aid in the design of model based laboratory studies to support development of new technologies
- Maintains an accurate and detailed laboratory notebook detailing experiments
- Demonstrate scientific curiosity
- Learn how to use the scientific literature to gain knowledge and to guide technical approaches
- Participate in the delivery of innovative solutions that lead to enhanced intellectual property resulting in patents, trade secrets or publications
- Present key scientific results through written and oral communication that support knowledge transfer or intellectual property deliverables
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Biology. Other science degrees with fundamental course work in chemistry, biology, and/or material science may be considered
- Effective communication skills are required due to the multidisciplinary team structures
- A willingness and curiosity to learn
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.