Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Bornem site develops and manufactures a wide range of innovative dosage forms for the biopharmaceutical and consumer health & nutrition industries and has evolved into a global player in high volume capsule manufacturing. To strengthen our production team, we are currently looking for a Production Coordinator responsible for the daily management of the Gelatin Preparation Department: leading and organizing the activities in the Gelatin preparation department and monitoring the follow-up of the applicable procedures and guidelines
- Keep track of the preparation of the gelatin to adjust and assist where necessary.
- First point of contact for technical problems and calls during office hours
- Follow-up and control of the dishwashing team: control of dishwashing and control of line clearances
- Preparation and optimization with the help of the scheduling program taking into account the following shifts.
- Optimization of gelatin recovery
- Drafting the shift report and explaining it to the Manager, Gelatin Preparation and colleague Manufacturing Coordinator of the previous / next shift
- Applying improvement initiatives (process, organization, safety, ...) to gelatin preparation and participation in Projects and improvement teams.
Work is done in shifts
- A technical diploma or a bachelor’s degree in engineering or life sciences
- An extensive experience in production environment, ideally with a first management experience
- Fluent in Dutch, knowledge of English is nice to have.
- Knowledge of GMP is nice to have.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.